Sport & Fashion Capital, Foodie’s & Coffee Culture…
The New in the City© business was created in Melbourne, so what better place to start…
Melbourne has again been voted the World’s Most Liveable City. It has it all … from diversity of culture, fashion, food and the world’s best coffee. Often described as the Sporting Capital of Australia, Melbourne boasts the Australian Open Tennis grand slam, the infamous Melbourne Cup, the Australian Grand Prix, the MCG… home of the Australian Football League and the Boxing Day Cricket test, as well as first class facilities for Rugby, Soccer and so much more.
Some of the most popular temporary, short-term and longer-term residential locations for our Clients include:
- Visit the bustling shopping precincts; explore the maze of lanes, alleys, little streets and arcades; experience the oriental flavours of Chinatown; take a stroll down the tree-lined Collins Street; soak up the waterfront lifestyle of the Docklands; catch a game of AFL Football at the MCG; take the opportunity to see the latest blockbuster at one of Melbourne’s famous theatres; amble along the banks of the Yarra towards Southbank & the Crown Casino precincts; enjoy a glass of wine at a riverside cafe; immerse yourself in the flavours of the city.
City Fringe, including:
- South Melbourne, Albert Park & Port Melbourne … stroll around the Albert Park lake … check out the home of the Australian Formula One Grand Prix; explore the ever-popular Clarendon Street & Bridport Street shopping strips; taste the fresh produce at the South Melbourne Market; grab a coffee over a chat, prepared by our finest baristas; experience the multi-cultural offers of the many dining haunts; grab 18 holes of golf at the Albert Park Public Golf Course with its great city views; enjoy a stroll along the palm-lined foreshore
- St Kilda … amble, cycle, jog or roller-blade along the esplanade of the Melbourne Bayside; discover the shops, cafes and restaurants along Fitzroy & Acland Streets; enjoy a roller-coaster ride at Luna Park; plan a visit to the Sunday St Kilda Esplanade; catch a tram because why not
- Prahran & South Yarra … take a stride along Chapel Street, Greville Street & Toorak Road shopping precincts and be tempted by the designer labels, cool boutiques and latest bars, restaurants & cafes
- Richmond … shop till you drop in the famous bargain designer and seconds shopping strips of Bridge Road & Swan Street; relax in the bars and live music venues of this vibrant area; discover why this is the place to go in Melbourne to savour the tastes of Greek or Vietnamese cuisines
- Toorak … experience the elegance of this suburb with its higher priced real-estate offer as well as designer shopping areas … Toorak Village & Hawksburn Village being of note; take a visit to Como House and Garden
- Brighton … renowned as one of Melbourne’s most exclusive seaside suburbs offering 6 kilometres of coastline; discover the history of the Brighton Bathing Boxes & Middle Brighton Sea Baths; enjoy the shopping precincts of Church, Bay & Martin Streets; catch a movie with a glass of wine at the Palace Dendy and Brighton Bay Theatres; take an easy train ride to the Melbourne City
- Elwood … enjoy this popular Bayside beach destination; try out some Windsurfing or Kite surfing; check out the Edwardian and Interwar architecture; wander the leafy streets and end up at Elwood Village for a shop and perhaps a cafe latte
We look forward to welcoming you to Our City of Melbourne, and especially to introduce you to its many hidden treasures.